Personal. Comprehensive. Confidential.
Whether you’re looking for your first job, taking the next step in your career or are semi-retiring and looking for a suitable role, registering with ASL is fast and easy. To help you get started, here’s a list of the most frequently asked questions:
- First, you need to submit an up-to-date CV here. A consultant will review it to make sure we can help you with your job search. We believe in being completely honest. If we can’t help, we’ll tell you straight away and point you in the direction of someone who can.
- Next, we’ll contact you to arrange a convenient date and time to complete the registration process at our offices. You’ll have an interview with an experienced consultant to discuss your job or career aspirations. Don’t worry, it’s not daunting! They’ll just want to talk through your CV so they fully understand what you’re looking for. This helps them to match you to the right role and be able to confidently discuss your CV with a potential employer.
Before meeting a consultant you’ll need to provide the following information:
· Your current CV
· Proof of identity: photographic ID and two independent proofs of your current address
· Proof of your right to work in Jersey
· Verification of qualifications, if applicable
Additional information might be required for pre-employment checks. It depends on the type of role you’re seeking. This could include:
· Employment or academic references
· Credit and criminal record checks
For temporary/interim roles we’ll also need:
· Bank details
· ITIS (Tax Effective Rate)
· Social Security Card
· Verification of Qualifications, if applicable
But don’t worry. Your consultant will discuss this with you when you register with us.
We work very closely with many of Jersey’s leading employers and have built up solid relationships over the years. Not only that, we make it our duty wherever we can to spend time with them, getting to know their business and culture. That means we have a high success rate of placing the right candidate, in the right role, with the right company.
As soon as we source a suitable role that matches what you’re looking for, we’ll discuss the details with you. You’re welcome to contact us at any time. We have an open door policy for both our candidates and clients; we know that communication is vital and that changing job can feel stressful.
Nothing. It’s totally free to use our services.
Yes, there are several positive actions you can take:
- Sign up to our job alerts and as we update our site with new roles, you will be first to know.
- We can provide advice on how to improve your CV, such as additional experience that’s relevant to a particular role or how to deal with a gap in your working career.
- If your interview skills are a little rusty we can provide guidance to improve your confidence when going for a job.
- If you’re unsure about your career direction, we can offer advice. We can also put you in touch with Careers Jersey for more in-depth support.