Our client is an international and award-winning corporate, private client and fund administration business. They currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Fund Accountant.
This role will require the performance of Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting tasks. There will be a particular focus on ensuring the highest quality of customer service both to the administration teams and client contacts. Due to the growing nature of the business this individual will get experience in performing all fund accounting and financial reporting tasks.
The successful candidate will have a good base knowledge but also a desire to learn as the team grows.
The department uses eFront for its fund clients and therefore experience of the package is desirable but not essential if experience with similar packages.
Principal Responsibilities / Accountabilities: –
• To perform the bookkeeping on the fund clients including transactions such as calls, distributions, expenses, interest income, loans, portfolio company and real estate transactions.
• To perform bank reconciliations on a regular basis ensuring all outstanding points are raised in a timely manner.
• Act as the first point of contact in relation to queries, with assistance, in relation to bookkeeping queries from the administration team.
• To ensure accounts are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and monitor control checklists relating to accounts preparation. Guidance will be provided.
• To monitor individual time charging and ensure all WIP is reviewed in a timely manner and communicated to Fund Accounting Manager.
• Achieve financial targets as determined by management.
• Such other duties as senior management may at times reasonably require. This job description is a guide to the principal, current duties of the job. It does not form part of the contract of employment.
Key attributes: –
• In the process of obtaining a professional qualification – ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
• Ideally one – three years’ experience in a similar relevant capability in the finance industry.
• Basic understanding of Jersey funds regulatory regime, and relevant accounting standards. Motivated and desire to learn and develop.
• Client and team focused.
All applicants must have 5 years residency.
For further information, please contact the Perm team on 50000.