The Systems Analyst gathers and documents business requirements for the functional change of the Department’s business systems, and formulates designs and procedures for their solutions. The Systems Analyst plays a major role in the development and implementation of business systems, including acting as a key contact with external business system suppliers.
The Systems Analyst will direct the work of and manage different teams working on the delivery of new and enhanced business solutions.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
– Educated to degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification. Strong experience in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications. Ideally to have experience of working with SQL databases and associated reporting.
– Postholders should be proficient in principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation. Preferably to have obtained a Foundation Certificate ITIL, BCS Business Analysis (or equivalent) at foundation level at minimum, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of systems analysis, development and implementation of business systems.
– Able to obtain understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts
– Familiarity with the systems development lifecycle, requirements modelling techniques and the ability to write effective reports and deliver presentations are all essential.
– A flexible, positive and proactive approach to training and development and the ability to deliver training on a 1:1 basis and with small groups is essential.